I have used this method for my Dinner Roll and Orange Roll recipes. You can use your favorite Cinnamon Roll recipe or my Feather Wheat Roll recipe. One year, I gave a dozen Orange brown and serve rolls to each of my neighbors at Christmas time. My neighbors loved popping these rolls into their ovens, drizzling sweet, orange icing on top for their Christmas morning! If you plan to give this type of roll away, include the baking directions and a Ziploc baggie of icing.
The rolls will look pale and a little wrinkly on top. Do not worry, they will puff up and brown beautifully when they are baked the second time prior to serving ~
Brown N Serve Directions
1. Shape rolls as desired.
2. Place on greased baking sheets, about 2" apart.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let rolls rise in warm place until doubled in bulk.
4. Bake rolls at 275 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until rolls just start to change color.
5. Cool in pans/sheets for 20 minutes. This will allow the centers to continue baking.
6. Remove from pans/sheets and finish cooling on wire racks. This will prevent rolls from becoming soggy.
7. Wrap in plastic bags and refrigerate up to 1 week.
Baking Brown N Serve Rolls
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place rolls on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Place rolls in heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. If desired, brush baked rolls with melted butter or margarine.